Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Said Yes!

To kick things off, I will share the story of our proposal and a little bit about Dan and I.

We've been together for a little over 5 years. We met through a mutual friend (and future best man) and lived in Chicago for 3 years before deciding to move back to Southern California. With Dan from LA and me from San Diego, it just made sense to take the leap and move back to our homeland together. We moved in together and have been living in sin for 3 years...until we went to Paris on a family vacation!


My parents, brother, sister-in-law, Dan and myself headed off to Paris for a 10 day trip last October. It was the first time all of us have taken a trip together, and it turned out to be an amazing time with lots of walking, laughing, eating, drinking and occasional site seeing.



For some sanity, Dan and I planned a side trip to Champagne, France, a quick train ride away from Paris. We checked out a few different champagne houses and imbibed on some delightful champagnes.



After we had a long lunch (with more wine, obviously) we went to check out the Notre Dame de Reims. In my humble opinion, this fantastic old church is even more captivating then the one in Paris. It was here that Dan got down on one knee and did the dirty deed and asked me to marry him! It was really windy and tourists we asked to take our picture weren't exactly professionals..so this is our first official pic as an engaged couple!

Here's a closeup of the ring, since somehow Dan designed the PERFECT ring for me without any help! Go Dan! Excuse my freckled chubby fingers...



No comments:

Post a Comment